View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I helped a friend put together a Recumbent Trike with a 10 amp hour 48 volt Foxx Power lithium pack, after sending two sets of batteries back and one charger he ended up with a pack that worked and charged.
I realize that this is a smaller pack then would be used in a full sized electric car but Foxx Power sells 100 amp hour cells, so cells large enough to use in a full size electric car, but if their larger cells have as many duds as their smaller cells then you are going to spend alot on shipping them back (return shipping was never refunded) as those cells are of a good size and weight.
I've never worked with ThunderSky, but members of our local Electric Auto Association seem to all be of the opinion that they are on the bottom of the list of choices, at the last meeting there was a presentation on lithium batteries and one person asked if there were any large format batteries out there that average people could buy, this question was coming from a guy who's electric car conversion is starting with a brand new vehicle, selling the engine with 17 miles on it, not someone who is looking for cheap options.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
1-ev.com (12-10-2010)