View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
JakeC
EcoModding Lurker

Black Betty - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
90 day: 18.42 mpg (US)

Murray - '95 Buick Century Classic
90 day: 29.64 mpg (US)

NissanSentra - '99 Nissan Sentra GXE
90 day: 27.41 mpg (US)
I've been lurking around for a while.

Hello! My name is Jake, I am currently a student aiming for an associates in PC Support and a bachelors in Web Design. I've lived in northern Indiana all of my life.

I've lurked around this website for a while after somehow stumbling upon Ben Nelson's Electric Metro on Instructables. Ever since then I've been pretty enthralled by the idea of driving an electric vehicle but sadly do not have the space or resources at the moment to try and convert one.

I've done minor mechanical repairs on vehicles that I've owned. I usually end up trying to fix something, breaking it, then I work my way through it until it's "fixed".

I currently drive a 1997 Limited Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.2 liter V8. Quite the opposite of fuel efficient, but i was hoping to find some support/help from these forums on ways to get it up to 15 mpg city if not further.

Plans for next summer are to find an engine-less motorcycle, and hopefully be able to convert it to electric. Takes up less space, and seems to be a little bit of an easier build.

I tend to dream big.