Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #208 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Stuff about weather.
We had very bad winters in 1948 and 1963 - I was discussing these with my elderly neighbour only yesterday. He had a harder time in those days he was saying.

We had a heat wave in 1976 which included droughts, broke lots of records. Its been colder since then and sometimes warmer.

We have had floods as well. Ooh doom. Except we have had floods in the past to, including more than a few disasters caused by them.

Unusual weather happens.

We know far more about it now than we did before, but then again I know far more about daily life in North Vietnam now than I have ever done.

That interweb, wonderful thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Edit: how much snow so far there in merry old green UK?
I haven't seen a figure for that yet, I'm sure the Met Office will come up with an estimate. Oh hang on, they said it was going to be a mild winter

Again to compare snow, when I first moved to Scotland in 1999 there was snow in January 2000, so much my car actually beached itself on the stuff and couldn't move.

For the next 5 years I saw very little. Last year we had heavy snow and we have just had this lot. Next year, who knows - certainly not the Met Office - who BTW are the same scientists predicting doom.

Now were is the evidence of warming ? There hasn't been any since 1998.