Thread: Hydrogen Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #56 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
This isn't some Race on getting techy.. I will do it later .. but its a very long rant and rave.. to explain it
Why not race to 'techy' ? ... I love 'techy' ... I am however a techy person ... so I continue to encourage you ... if you have the 'techy' ... bring it ... the techy is quantifiable ... it can 100% support your claims ... or crush you.

So if you have the 'techy' ... I still say ... bring it ... if you don't got it ...

Quote:
NICE copy Past.. on this one.. Maybe you need to clear your mind on this subject and no hijack the post with other things..
Go back and read more carefully... you seem to have misunderstood or mis-translated what I posted... it is no hi-jack.

bold added bellow for emphasis.

Quote:
as thi is about hydrogen NOT direct heat energy.

One last thing.. this topic isnt suppose to be a debate about Hydrogen..
Which is it?

Quote:
And the honda FX is built for less efficiencey..
If you know of a fuel cell or any ICE that operates at better than the ~60% efficiency of that fuel cell ... please provide a link / reference.

If you have an example of a real world ICE or Fuel cell that has been proven to operate at over ~60 % efficiency ... please by all means post a link or reference ... if you have nothing better than ~60% efficiency ... than that is the best you got.

Quote:
a car running on pure hydrogen and Oxygen can make over 3000 mpg by the way.
I guess it depends on what you want to call a car ... The PAC-Car-II runs on Hydrogen and got the gasoline energy equivalent of over 12,000 MPG... but look at what kind of car it takes to get that.

Quote:
So the efficiency of the engine isnt the issue
you will use W amount of energy to overcome Aerodynamic losses ... and X amount of energy to overcome rolling resistance losses ... and Y amount of energy to go up hills ... and Z amount of energy to accelerate.

For a given vehicle these energy consumptions can be quantified... W+X+Y+Z

Once these opposing forces are quantified ... and the fuel source has been quantified ... the efficiency of the engine puts real world limits on the MPG.

A Hydrogen ICE hasn't changed anything else about the vehicle ... only the fuel the engine runs on ... sense we know a gallon ( measure of volume ) of hydrogen has less energy content that the 13kwh/gallon that gasoline has ... the only way for it to overcome this lower energy content is with a higher energy efficiency of energy usage.

Quote:
as its been possible to get 200MPG out of a car from gas since the first car came out.
As I posted above about the Pac-Car-II it is possible to get over 12,000 MPG ... but it isn't as easy as some people have been told... and those who do understand how things work.. know what it takes to get over 12,000 MPG.

By all means bring the techy ... if you got it ... because ... I'm thinking you don't.

Quote:
dont blind your self from ones own ignorance
Ignorance means being uninformed ... until you bring the 'techy' ... none of us can be informed about your 'techy' ... so I still say ... if you have the 'techy' ... I encourage you ... bring it.

Until you bring your 'techy' ... no one can ever know what your 'techy' is.

So it you got 'techy' ... bring it.

So far you are presenting a case with no 'techy' at all ... if you got 'techy' ... bring it.