Thread: Hydrogen Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
tf4624
Eco of course

Which is it?
If you know of a fuel cell or any ICE that operates at better than the ~60% efficiency of that fuel cell ... please provide a link / reference.

If you have an example of a real world ICE or Fuel cell that has been proven to operate at over ~60 % efficiency ... please by all means post a link or reference ... if you have nothing better than ~60% efficiency ... than that is the best you got.

Yes for Example there is a fuel cell that runs 300 percent.. but I wont reveal my sources quite yet

I guess it depends on what you want to call a car ... The PAC-Car-II runs on Hydrogen and got the gasoline energy equivalent of over 12,000 MPG... but look at what kind of car it takes to get that.

you will use W amount of energy to overcome Aerodynamic losses ... and X amount of energy to overcome rolling resistance losses ... and Y amount of energy to go up hills ... and Z amount of energy to accelerate.

For a given vehicle these energy consumptions can be quantified... W+X+Y+Z

Once these opposing forces are quantified ... and the fuel source has been quantified ... the efficiency of the engine puts real world limits on the MPG.

A Hydrogen ICE hasn't changed anything else about the vehicle ... only the fuel the engine runs on ... sense we know a gallon ( measure of volume ) of hydrogen has less energy content that the 13kwh/gallon that gasoline has ... the only way for it to overcome this lower energy content is with a higher energy efficiency of energy usage.

As I posted above about the Pac-Car-II it is possible to get over 12,000 MPG ... but it isn't as easy as some people have been told... and those who do understand how things work.. know what it takes to get over 12,000 MPG.

By all means bring the techy ... if you got it ... because ... I'm thinking you don't.

Im not about to tell you everything, thats not how it works..

Ignorance means being uninformed ... until you bring the 'techy' ... none of us can be informed about your 'techy' ... so I still say ... if you have the 'techy' ... I encourage you ... bring it.

From your previous posts you act as if you know it all and won't accept other things other then what you have in your head.

So far you are presenting a case with no 'techy' at all ... if you got 'techy' ... bring it

Presenting? your the one presenting things... my presentation is the idea which would eventually be followed by the answers you seek.. but I won't be posting them anytime soon cause it seems to me you rather argue then gain knowledge from someone else on this technology.