Thread: Hydrogen Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #75 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
HEY GUESS WHAT SMART one..
thank you for the compliment
But flattery will get you no where.

Quote:
I did it that way so i dont have to retype each quote
No need to retype each quote.

Option #1: copy and paste

Option #2: read more carefully when you click on the quote button. it inserts into the entry screen the commands for the quote feature. the command that starts it at the beginning of a string of text. and a command that ends the quote feature for that string of text. you can use those beginning and end commands to break up the quote. Which as you can see from reading the forum... is the way everyone does it.

Quote:
I BOLD MY ANSWERS below EACH One.. so YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS refering to SO NO I DIDNT PUT THOSE INTO YOUR mouth..
I figured out what you did with the bold ... self evident by my pulling your quotes out of mine... not complicated.

I think you have mis-understood what is means to quote someone... the quotation marks example ... "I say this" ... or by using the forum quote feature ... anything inside the quote , is the word for word what the person referenced said, or wrote... by the very definition of a quote ... what you did is falsely putting words in someone elses mouth... in that case mine.

If you have missed it ... everyone else that quotes you does not insert their comments into the quote itself ... the comments are always separated from the body of the quote.

Adding bold to the text inside a quote the the accepted method of drawling attention to a specific part of the quote... which you still used incorrectly.

Quote:
SO in other words they are not your WORDS..there mine
exactly ... your words inside of a quote that you credited the entire context of ( including your words ) to be coming from me.

go back and re-read your post again more carefully ... notice at the top of the quote where it indicates who is being credited for the bellow text? ... and there you are crediting me with saying , or writing everything in the quoted area ... which as you just wrote here ... was not my words ... they where your words ... you were putting into my mouth.

As I already said previously ... you should learn to use the quotes correctly... the way you did it is the definition of putting words in someone elses mouth ... in this case mine.

Quote:
PS I know how to use them normaly if its 1 question or comment vs typeing each one ou.
as covered above ... no need to retype the quotes.

I hope you learned something useful for writing on forums.

If you have further questions about how to use the quote feature on the forum... please feel free to read help sections about it ... or ask ... now that would be off topic for this thread ... but I would be happy to help explain it to you further in PM if you would like.