View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #328 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
I repaired the passenger side rear wheel strake (it got whacked by a stick) -- it is better than it was. It was a bit too wide, so I narrowed it a bit and rebuilt it off the car; then taped it on, so it looks better.

I also had to reinstall the rear wheels skirts, after having the winter tires put on. They are holding up fairly well -- Coroplast is tough stuff. Here's the front grill block -- I redid it with aluminum last summer and never got a picture of it. There are two pieces -- the first one fits the main opening and is cable-tied on. The second extends down to the bumper, and is pop riveted to the first; which covers half of the cable ties. The lower corners probably need pop rivets through the plastic grill; but for now I have them taped down (the air flow lifts them).

I also got the Ecomodder sticker on last summer.

The right front wheel cover is somewhere on Rt 80 in Ohio -- it came off a second time right after I had stopped to retrieve it. The right rear has come off at least 3 or 4 times, and is a lot worse for wear... Though I think flatter covers on the rear are slightly better?

I gotta rebuild the left wheel strake...

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/