View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jim-Bob
Junkyard Engineer

Super-Metro! - '92 Geo Metro Base

$250 Pizza Delivery Car - '91 Geo Metro Base
Team Metro
90 day: 43.75 mpg (US)

Fronty the wonder truck - '98 Nissan Frontier XE
I might just do that. I already have a build thread on Geometroforum.com but I guess I could do more than one! Right now the car is a gutted mess, but it is 99.999% rust free. I have only found one hole about the diameter of a pen inside the wheel well on one of the structural panels. The rest is all surface rust under some failed seam sealer that I have started getting rid of using a wire wheel and an acidic rust removal gel. I made sure to check the shell over VERY carefully for rust before purchase. A burnt valve and a wasted transmission controller are easy to fix. Welding in new metal and eliminating rust properly is not. I can't afford to paint it right now but I am cleaning out all the nooks and crannys and adding fresh rust proofing to preserve the body as best I can. The best part of the car though was the price. $350 for a clean, all original paint 1992 Metro with no dents and only 4 small dings. I'd post a pic or link, but my post count is not yet high enough.
No green technology will ever make a substantive environmental impact until it is economically viable for most people to use it. This must be from a reduction in net cost of the new technology, not an increase in the cost of the old technology through taxation

(Note: the car sees 100% city driving and is EPA rated at 37 mpg city)