View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
akwroclaw
1st degree car pusher

Thanks for replys!

I have just read the thread of Piwoslaw and was impressed with the white nun-like mod. Aerodynamics is real point for thought in FE, many cars are made in the market selling rules, not concenrning much aerodynamics. I thought MB 190 sedan can also easily have such roof extender.

Pictures from the under-car also show some field of improvement.
You guy do a heroic job, ecodriving the overcrowded roads of Poland.

The only eco-gauge in my car is underpressure meter. MB 190E has no electronic fuel measurement, so it will be no explicit figures.. I drive 7 liters of gas in 100 km in long run [34 mpg] - it is fairly good for me and guys from mercedes forum didn't belive. [i asked if they have any failures in their cars for driving reacher? ]

Made an engine cylinder pressure-back repair and changed the engine synchro-chain was the work for recreating brand conditions.

For me it is a basis.

I have changed tyres from 195/60 R 15 to Michelin economy 175/50 R15 rear and 175/55 R15 front which made the car swinging lighter [ligther steering wheel action and whole vechicle lighter mobility]. Reading posts of changing width I am convinced to the real world figures:

A - 55.9 mpg (US) average (regular tires)
B - 60.9 mpg (US) average (donut tires)" -these are from MetroMPG

I am interested in mods which have engineering effect:

a) fuel preheating [gas]
youtube "Fuel Pre Heater Project for 89 Ford Mustang"

b) spark plug mod
"Firestorm Spark Plug"
i saw DIY welding project to obtain these results.

I can weld so it can be a challenge of a sort.

I have also done much reading on HHO.

we will see what happens..