View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
KITT222
Ecomodder en route

Vib - '04 Pontiac Vibe base
GM CAN'T give up on this one. They have done way too much work on it, into to, and around it. They WANT it to succeed. This is their biggest car in a long time, and many are calling it the most influential car of 2011. But no way the volt can exist long term before it goes full electric. It's just not practical.

Did you factor in the $7500 gov't rebate? What about other rebates, like those you'd get from California? Personally, I love the Volt. I'm a big supporter of it. I find it funny the first buyer of the Volt traded his Prius for it. But the Volt idea isn't a good long term plan. GM needs a full electric car, and fast/cheap enough that the rivals won't get ahead of them.

But in the end, it is us, the car buyer, who wins, because we have such a variety of EVs coming that you'll find the one you want easily. Volt and Leaf doesn't work for you? Fine. Take a look at the Focus EV, or Rav4 EV.

(Honestly, for some reason, I like to stay away from GM-related articles, because it seems this site is really anti-GM, yet I love GM. I feel alone. I may be wrong, but it's just the impression I get.)