Thread: Hydrogen Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #86 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethedethius View Post
can SOMEONE please give me a logical educated answer to this. No sarcasm and no half written answers, please leave out all the arithmetic as I don't care and don't understand math,
I would be happy to give you a logical educated answer ... along each individual step along the line.

If you actually do want to know how it might work ... or why it doesn't work specific ways ... then you have to be willing to get a bit technical and do some math.

Sorry to be a damp cloud ... but technical details and math are used by humans for good reason... and sometimes if you refuse to get technical , and / or you refuse to do any math ... than sometimes ... by default you are refusing to understand or learn how or why things work or don't work.

In simple terms:
Unless you can get the net operating efficiency including every step and every bit of loss to be better than ~82.3% efficiency combined ... without that you will spend more energy producing the Hydrogen from water than you get from using / burning hydrogen to make water ... even then , the water is not providing the energy ... you are extracting heat energy from the ambient air temperature... this high of a net operating efficiency is no small task ... it would require several world record improvements in many different parts of the system.

I am happy to provide you with detailed explanations for each step along the way for how and why each step works the way it does .. or how and why it doesn't work some other specific way ... but that does get technical and will involve math.

Just like if you wanted me to explain how and why nuclear reactors work ... there is a basic simple concept like I gave above ... but if you want to get the full story ... and you want to know how and why it is that way ... or why it won't work some other specific way ... then you have to be willing to get technical and do some math.

If however you are not willing to get technical or do any math ... and you are also not willing to believe people when they tell you about issues and mistakes with it ... then go ahead ... spend all the money and time you like on it ... good luck ... if it works ... sell the power , or hydrogen you produce and make $Billions ... but if it doesn't work ... it is all on you for your time and money , because you didn't want to get technical or do the math needed to understand what was going on or how it works or doesn't work.

I would also say ... if you are that against being technical and doing math ... you probably will also not be the type to be hacking into your computer controlled ignition timing or hacking your cars air to fuel ratios .... in short ... you have to be willing to get technical and do some math to do this kind of modification to a ICE.... if you are a completely non-technical , no math person ... you will have to wait for the local Walmart to offer it with an oil change.