View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
dremd
EV OR DIESEL

FarFarfrumpumpen - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS Premium

Quorra - '12 Tesla Model S P85
Send a message via AIM to dremd
I don't Understand the Multiquote just yet, so the BOLD is Diesel John and the Italics is me

Does the TDI recirculate fuel back to the tank like my rabbit does.
It does. Route is basically Tank-> pickup (which can crack)-> Soft Line-> Hard Line-> Soft line-> Fuel filter -> Soft Line -> Injection Pump -> Soft Line -> Hard line Then I don't know exactly how fuel makes it's way back to the tank

Does the Scanguage use pulse width to calculate fuel flow.
According to a member on TDICLUB
Scangauge is reading:
0C - RPM
04 - Load
05 - Engine coolant temp
0B - MAP
0F - Intake air temp

Then using the engine displacement, the "Diesel A" formula, and the correction factor, SG calculates fuel consumption.

There are no other codes being read, so (after this and other testing) I'm forced to come to the conclusion that there is no way to read any directly related fuel info (like inector pulse width, or VAG monitor group 15, zone 3) through the OBDII protocol on Diesel VWs.

The fuel delivery pressue would need to be correct (filter restriction) tank vent, collapsing line.
Getting up on 20,000 miles on Fuel filter at this point have not checked anything else at this point

Did you buy it new or used (could the injectors have been changed.
Bought it used I do not believe that the injectors were chnaged, I have an extensive service history + fuel logs for the car from the previous owner, and injectors are not on there . ..

Does it otherwise run good ( start good in the winter, good mpg).
Runs Great 97% of the time It has 2 issues 1) occasionally idles TERRIABLE but that clear up if you blip the throttle, or turn on the A/C and 2) Occasionally when Decellerating in gear (0 load) it feal like the car has been rear ended (lightly) Have no Clue on either count.

This is a very interesting issue. I would like to learn more about it.
If the car is running good with no codes then I would lean more to OBD interface related. Is the computer stock? Is there anything fuel related that has been worked on?

ECU is Stock (as far as I know) but most with chips report that their SGII's still work correctly

If the engine is starved for fuel then the ECU will increase pulse width to compensate.
Definitely a possibility How about if I plumb a VAC gauge to the Injection Pump input?
Gone 2013 Nissan LEAF SV
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
6 speed ALH TDI Swapped in to a 2003 Jetta Wagon