View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #241 (permalink)
KITT222
Ecomodder en route

Vib - '04 Pontiac Vibe base
My rear bumper is like a magnet to tailgaters, and I drive mostly in town. I see them in my rearview, and just shake my head and focus. I know if they hit me after an accident it is their fault since they weren't maintaining a safe following distance, which I do with the vehicle in front of me. It leaves me susceptible to people merging though, but I correct properly. 3-sec interval between cars AT LEAST. I always have an escape plan ready in case it all hits the fan, and the jerk won't get off my rear. But for those tailgaters, I just let them be. I kinda enjoy ticking them off by properly stopping at stop signs. And when I'm slowing down way before a light I just think to myself "Hey... Hey, buddy, I'm saving you money and gas. YOU'RE WELCOME." But when proper time comes I think I'll have something ready. Like maybe a toy water baby filled with red jam would fly out of my window, or a (biodegradable) paper bag with some pudding, or even something that would look like a guy tied up in a bag would pop up in my rear window, and scare them. Something creative.