View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoBill
EcoModding Lurker

Toyota Ist - '06 Scion Xa
90 day: 35.17 mpg (US)
Exclamation Has anyone made there own kit car?

I couldnt decide on a car I want, all the ones I really wanted were futuristic concepts that most likely wont be manufactured anytime soon..

I was wondering if anyone has designed there own kit car?

I like how this Fiat Phylla looks, and would love to make my own kit car similar to this or other concepts out there

if you notice in the video the 1:40 they have a foam life size version

and at 1:45 they have the outter shell of the car and the frame seperate.

Im still researching but im pretty mechanical, I checked in on how to fiberglass or make carbon fiber panels. Anyone else out there try anything like this?

I figure using an existing chassis from a crx or something or even make one from scratch and convert it to an EV and change the whole car basically to some futuristic looking car which would way lighter and more aerodynamic then the previous shell.

I feel like car manufacturers are taking forever...so I rather build one myself.

heres another lil video I wanted to share of 4 Renault EVs driving around a city and recharging...I hope some time in the near future it will be like this...

I know this seems like a lot but I was also looking into how the guy made the ETV and thats basically what I want to do.

Ill start researching for now...and see what else I can gather on DIY and prices of things. I would ideally like to use recycled materials as well.
Iv also been working on an ev conversion I wanted to do with a battery charging device to help extend miles.

Thoughts, Opinions, Ideas welcome