View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Good lord, it's like looking at a car in a fish-eye lens in real life.

I can see where it gets it's aero advantage, but in my view that's really pushing it as far as a "conventional" hatchback roof line is concerned.. I doubt it's rear cargo area is as tall as the Leaf's, you can see how far the seat back and headrest intrude into the cargo area. What I would call the difference between a traditional hatch and the "fastback" or camm-back for the Prius & Volt is like the difference between the older CRX and Civic hatch.

You can see where the roof line comes to an end, above the tail lights (and the shorty windows in both). The actual rear window is also layed back into the roof line.

Where as the hatch backs still have vertical windows, basically.

I guess you could call it semantics. Points taken, however, and we can see which style is more aerodynamic.. Maybe Leaf 2.0 will change shapes.

This copy here is still a rough draft so if you want to revise it some, feel free.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues

Last edited by texanidiot25; 12-22-2010 at 10:20 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to texanidiot25 For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (12-23-2010)