View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #119 (permalink)
Tango Charlie
Deadly Efficient

Olivia - '03 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 36.01 mpg (US)

R2-D2 - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.81 mpg (US)
LOVE Red Green. My favorite quote of his is "If your wife's having fun and you're not, you're still having way more fun than when you're having fun and she's not."

At the last minute we've decided to take a family vacation again this year. Northern IN to southern FL is a long way, and in years past I piled the luggage on the roof rack and suffered reduced MPG's. It hurt my soul so much that this year I decided to be more proactive and mounted a hitch receiver and fabbed up a luggage carrier.

I still need to drill some holes around its perimeter for attaching bungee straps, but I'm pretty happy how it's turning out. Makes one think about hitch-mounted boat tails, doesn't it? Hmmm.

A head light burned out, so I went to my local Meijers to get a new lamp. I was surprised to find "Eco lamps". The package claims they consume 23% less power. The most apparent difference is that the eco lamp has a smaller diameter glass bulb.

I put it in and it seems every bit as bright as the other one. I'm wondering how these compare to a homemade LED conversion, power consumption-wise.
Oh yeah, one more thing- I got Olivia a Christmas present.