View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
mnmarcus
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
If you are purchasing a dishwasher or clothes dryer, there are units that use far less water: Bosch dishwashers for example heat their own water, and use about 1/3 as much, and do not have electrical heating elements inside the washer, so you can wash plastics, and there is about 2" more height inside them. Front loading clothes washers also use about 1/3 the water, and they clean better and spin better and use a lot less electricity, too.
We have a bosch, for a few weeks I couldn't figure out how to get it to clean the dishes. First, avoid powder detergent, our top spinner thing got gunked up. Also it is no good at dried on crap, run it every night. Also seems like rinsing doesn't help so don't waste the water. I heard they use less water than washing dishes by hand, only ours is small so not much room for pots or pans. We got the entry level and I hate the layout, the only places to put pans and cookie sheets are right in front of the "drying vent" or the soap and rinse dispenser. Doing either of these effects the wash quality. ie Bosch should have moved the silverware tray to the other corner.

Sorry for the rant. I wish someone had said it to me before I bought one. Knowing what I know now, I'd buy it again (100 bucks off sale). Wish I didn't have to learn the hard way... I might upgrade to the next level and a different layout if I could do it again.