View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Compaq888
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
I Like how all these shows talk about new technologies and then the cars get 45-50mpg and everybody gets all happy. The technology is there, but because we don't have mass production it costs a lot of money. The oil companies, car manufacturers and the government is in the same bed together.

I like how when you ask manufacturers, "what about fuel economy?" And then they reply, "we build what the people want and they want big engines and that's why our cars get 30mpg on the freeway."

We can either watch these stupid shows and get bent over by the oil companies, car manufacturers and the government or we can do something about it.. I refuse to buy a car that runs on gasolene because it gets poor gas mileage and have to constantly buy gas to keep it running. I also don't like the fact that the gasolene engine requires a lot of maintenance. Oil filters, oil, timing belt, belts, air filters, spark plugs and etc..

There is technology there to have cars where you don't constantly have to buy all that crap...the only thing you have to worry about is tire rotation and changing the windshield wipers once in a while. We need to invest money and time into electric cars and stop paying attention to this alternative fuels, hydrogen crap and whatever the big 3 can think off to vacuum the money out of our wallets.