Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #284 (permalink)
JasonG
Master EcoModder

05 DMax - '05 Chevrolet 2500HD
90 day: 18.48 mpg (US)
WOW
In the same post you say that GCC happened long before humans existed, then you say this time we caused it ?

As for the climate fraud back to 1896, do you still believe "Piltdown Man" is the missing link ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
News is about facts, and so is science.

Those 30,000 "scientists" are not climatologists. A few are meteorologists, but as we all know, weather is not climate. I heard a few of them are dentists?

If you read the headline, it says they "want" to sue Al Gore. "Want" to? On what standing?

All the credible studies say that it is anthropomorphic global climate change. It is happening much, much, much more rapidly than it it ever has in the data. The fact that it has been warmer before, and the level of carbon dioxide has been higher before -- doesn't matter, because we humans were not around then, so it did not affect us. This time it is affecting us, and it is affecting all of life -- and like it or not, all of life is important to us.

Volcanoes caused the Earth to change from an ice planet, to one with mostly liquid water. How did the volcanoes do it? They released a lot of carbon dioxide, and even though the volcanic ash has a shorter term cooling affect, in the end the insulation of our atmosphere is what made life as we know it possible, and an abrupt change will affect us.

How do you think we eat? We eat other life forms. How do all those life forms survive? They also depend on the climate staying more or less as is.

Glen Beck** may not be convinced by the scientists, but I am. And if Glen Beck is right, and the 2,000+ scientists who have been working on this issue (and won the Nobel prize along with Al Gore) are all wrong, then I'll find Mr. Beck and shake his hand.

That would be a huge relief, if global climate change has somehow been faked. If that is the case, then all the scientists all the way back to Svante August Arrhenius in 1896 need to tell us how they pulled it off...

**P.S. I wonder if Mr. Beck has read this?

LDS Earth Stewardship

LDS = Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints = Mormons; of which Mr. Beck is a member.

I can't understand why my MPG's are so low..........
21,000lb, 41' Toy Haulers are rough on FE!