Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #288 (permalink)
mnmarcus
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmarcus
So? SUV sales are probably still 10X hybrid sales and 100X electric vehicle sales...

Quote:
And why is that?
I don't know... Trying to keep up with the Jones'? The perceived safety? The ease of use factor? It's not to limit co2 emissions or lower dependance on foreign oil. I'd guess it's the exact opposite of why most visit this site. Why do you think it is, and is that a good or bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmarcus
Why is the news politically biased? I wish the news was reported based on fact and not agenda.

Quote:
That's impossible to find. No matter what happens, once you have a person report on it, that person injects their own viewpoint into that event.
I think it's true that no one can be completely unbiased, but that is no reason to not try to be as objective and accurate as we can be. The arguement that all media is leftist so we can slant things right to achieve "balance" seems ridiculous to me. I'd MUCH rather hear the truth than the junk we typically hear (leftist and rightist). I agree with Frank that most people tune in to what they want to hear. I must be in the unrepresent(ed/able) boring, truth seeking middle...