Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #289 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
News is about facts, and so is science.

Those 30,000 "scientists" are not climatologists. A few are meteorologists, but as we all know, weather is not climate. I heard a few of them are dentists?

If you read the headline, it says they "want" to sue Al Gore. "Want" to? On what standing?
So, only climatologists may speak at all about AGW. Nobody else gets to comment on AGW. We must just shut up and listen to our betters. Got it. Thanks. (What happens if we don't? Do we get disappeared a la 10:10?)

You do realize that these 30,000 folks are already suing Al Gore for fraud. Right? I mean, can't you do even some basic Googling about this matter? As far as the Nobel prize is concerned, don't even get me started on that. I can give you at least one example of a man who did absolutely NOTHING, and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize as a result.

As far as that goes, you still didn't answer my questions. How is it that a variable output star (the Sun) cannot affect the climate as much as people? Why is it that warming trends noted on other planets in this Solar System at the same time warming was noted on Earth, are somehow rationalized away as things other than the Sun having a slightly higher output?

Why can't Al Gore mention his ties with Enron, with regard to AGW-driven legislation? For that matter, why is it that Al Gore bought a huge beachside mansion? Isn't the spot his mansion sits on going to be flooded with rising seas due to AGW? Why does the BBC (a huge supporter of the AGW theory) have billions of dollars invested in concerns that only become profitable if AGW legislation becomes law? Why did those University of East Anglia scientists refuse to submit to FOIA requests? Why did they work to suppress scientific papers that were critical of AGW? Why did they manipulate and omit data in order to make AGW work at all?

You can whine about Glen Beck and Fox News all you want, but the truth of the matter is that the AGW theory has been rendered very suspect by the unscrupulous actions of those very scientists you worship. In my eyes, in fact, AGW's been disproven.