Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #302 (permalink)
JasonG
Master EcoModder

05 DMax - '05 Chevrolet 2500HD
90 day: 18.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Jason,

I think you misunderstand me: our climate has changed many times in the past; long before humans were here. This time however, it is being caused by us humans; or at least we are having a large effect -- and this time is the only time we need to worry about, because we are being affected by it. There is no contradiction.

The Piltdown Man is case and point about how the scientific process works -- fakes are exposed, and good science is accepted. There were skeptics then, and they did the science to prove the fake. None of the skeptics of anthropomorphic climate change can show scientifically that it is anything but real.

Anthropomorphic global climate change is good science, and the threats are very real. The risk is very high. It is difficult, and it is a big challenge.

Whether or not you feel that global climate change is real, or if it is anthropomorphic, or that it is a threat at all, I hope you can watch this video; that lays out the four basic logic and risks of if GCC is real or not, and if we do anything about it or not:

Smiley faces on a white board, now that's sciencetific proof.

The point with Piltdown man was that a group of scientists delared it to be "proven scientific fact" just like AGW. TIme proved otherwise.
Science, I mean repeatable, proveable science, has shown that a single major volcano produces more "greenhouse gasses" than 40-50 years of industry and cars put together. Again, it's part of the earths cycle.

I can't understand why my MPG's are so low..........
21,000lb, 41' Toy Haulers are rough on FE!