View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Good problem to have "to be almost 30". Probably never had a rotary dial phone either.
We had a Rotary dial phone for many years, I also have one friend who was still on a party line up until shortly before they got internet.
Of course we also lived for years with a hand pump on the well and I've spent almost a third of my life without in door plumbing and a few years later before we had hot running water.
I enjoy living in the future tho with the modern things like cell phones that replace alot more then a phone, a lap top that fits in my cargo pants pocket, solid state lighting, video projectors that can sit in the palm of your hand, I don't even use the CD player in my car, all my music is on a micro thumb drive that plugs in to the USB port on the radio, but don't worry, I still know how to handle LP's and how to clean a tape player, but I choose these devices because they also use a fraction of the energy that their older counterparts used.

It just reminds me of the people who get their first electric car and talk about how their kids might never learn to drive a gas car.

Last edited by Ryland; 12-30-2010 at 12:31 AM..