View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
RobertSmalls
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
I electrified my garage for 2010, and I will insulate and heat it as required for 2011.

For 2011, I'm not necessarily planning new mods. I'd like to bring the mods I've done up to a higher standard of quality. Specifically, automated engine kills every time I let out the clutch in neutral, instead of a kill switch zip-tied to the gearstick. A MIMA joystick with a stalk on the steering column, instead of a potentiometer zip-tied to the handbrake lever. I want to replace my "extension cord in the trunk" with a classy power entry port on the back of the car. I want interior convex mirrors in addition to one exterior adjustable mirror, and they should all be mounted properly. I'd like to have obviously modded bodywork, but I'd like it to look like it's moderately well executed. The same ideas apply to a boat tail.

When I bought the Insight, I set a lifetime fuel economy goal of 70mpg, or 32% over EPA Combined, while exceeding the speed limit. That hasn't happened, but I'm still very happy with my 65mpg average. My goal for 2011 is to drive even more like an ordinary driver, while (handily) exceeding 60mpg. Who knows, I might see 70mpg average.

Last edited by RobertSmalls; 12-29-2010 at 10:42 PM..