Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #321 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
I am not a climatologist, and I don't think you are either. I am sure that they (climatologists) have accounted for the data in this paper and 1,000's of others, too.

So, I cannot judge a paper one way or the other. And I doubt that you can, either. Whether or not you or I are convinced by one paper or another -- doesn't matter. What matters is the scientific judgment.

I do know that the polar ice caps ARE melting, as are almost all glaciers and snow packs. The ocean is acidifying, and the sea level is rising. Methane is being released from melting "permafrost". Patterns of weather is changing -- changes in snow, rain, drought, storms, etc. are all evidence of this. And I know that climatologists have looked at all the data available to them. And their conclusion is that it is anthropogenic global climate change.

The risks are way too high to screw around. We have got to change our energy use to renewables.

[Edit: If you had watched the NOVA program I linked to about ANDRILL, you would know that I know a fair bit about Antarctica ice.

You are making things up -- of course the scientists like Richard Ally have all the sun data in their models! What they heck do you think they are doing? They are scientists, and they do their jobs well.]

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Last edited by NeilBlanchard; 12-30-2010 at 02:12 PM..