Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #322 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
I am not a climatologist, and I don't think you are either. I am sure that they (climatologists) have accounted for the data in this paper and 1,000's of others, too.
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Or, for that matter, AGW?

Quote:
So, I cannot judge a paper one way or the other. And I doubt that you can, either. Whether or not you or I are convinced by one paper or another -- doesn't matter. What matters is the scientific judgment.
Ah, a variation on "it's settled." Hate to break it to you, Neil, but it is far from settled. Cap'n Trade is dead here in the States. Kyoto II is also dead. If the "science" were "settled," then we wouldn't see this, would we?

Besides that, if you're not a climatologist, then you should immediately stop speaking about which you don't know about. Otherwise, quit playing this "only a an authority may speak on something" card.

Quote:
I do know that the polar ice caps ARE melting, as are almost all glaciers and snow packs.
The polar ice CAP partially melts every year. Here's a hint, though. It also GROWS every year. And if you would like, you could look at the scientific data regarding the singular polar ice CAP, and look for yourself. Oh, that's right - you're not a scientist, only a true believer.

Quote:
The ocean is acidifying, and the sea level is rising. Methane is being released from melting "permafrost". Patterns of weather is changing -- changes in snow, rain, drought, storms, etc. are all evidence of this. And I know that climatologists have looked at all the data available to them. And their conclusion is that it is anthropogenic global climate change.
Quote:
You just want to ignore the inconvenience of their results.
Such a nice quote, Neil. Thank your for providing it for me. You want to ignore physical observations, current news, and opposing viewpoints because it's just soooo inconvenient. Do you want us to disappear a la 10:10?

Sorry, but AGW is far from convincing as a source that neatly explains all of your points above.

Quote:
The risks are way too high to screw around. We have got to change our energy use to renewables.
You start doing that, then. You convert all of your energy usage to renewables. You convince others to do so, voluntarily. Don't use the power of the government to force change based on junk science.