Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #337 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
When science is faked, it is found out; like with the claim to have made human clones, or cold fusion. Faked science hurts all scientists (like Pildown Man), so there are plenty of people who would call them on it -- if they were faking it. There is a lot of overlap, so archeologists, geologists, chemists, oceanographers, limnologists, dendrochronologists, volcanists, ice scientists, biologists, atmospheric scientists -- all these people would know if it was a fake.

The data is still there to and can be verified. Ice cores are stored at Ohio University. The ANDRILL ice cores still exist; and continue to be drilled. Every glacier in the world can still be sampled. The fossil record is there for all to see. The chemistry and spectral analysis can be checked and replicated.

The people who decry evolution have no idea how integrated it is into so many different scientific fields, that it is simply ludicrous to try and "remove" it. Same for climate change -- understanding it; how it works and the affects it has, are part and parcel to many different fields of science.

You simply cannot "remove" it from the accepted body of knowledge. It is integrated into many other fields.

Conspiracy theories require extraordinary proof. Do you think they faked the moon landings as well? That would be a simpleton's task compared to faking this...

Accusing the messenger of personal failings doesn't work, either. Are you calling me a fool and a stooge? Have you even glanced at my online record? I'm guessing I have at least 20,000 posts all over the Internet, and as many emails. I have put my name on every single one of 'em. Check my record; and then if you still feel like calling me a fool, then you've got bigger problems than me. Read my blog, look at my CarBEN EV open source design -- I am a serious, concerned, civil person, and I don't appreciate being accused of being a shill.

Most of the deniers are funded by the huge profits of interested parties. Not some promise of future profits, but money that is already being made exploiting the Earth's precious resources.

If you ever dare to watch the NOVA program about the ANDRILL project you can see how rich they are all getting for almost freezing to death. You'd think that as long as you are coming up with some get rich quick scheme that they would try something less risky and difficult?

Watch it, you might just learn something more about the actual scientists you are so sure you know all about...

We have no proof that our theory of gravity is true. The same data could be explained by other theories -- but the one we have works the best. Could it be Intelligent Falling?

We have no proof of the existence of Pangaea, and the data could be explained by other theories -- but the one we have works the best.

We have no proof that atoms are actually made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons; or that there are a myriad of subatomic particles we call quarks, etc. The same data could be explained by other theories -- but the one we have works the best.

We have no proof that the universe is infinite and expanding. The same data could be explained by other theories -- but the one we have works the best.

We have no proof that evolution causes one species to become another species. The same data could be explained by other theories -- but the one we have works the best.

Science is about asking questions about the unknown, and trying to answer them. We will never have absolute truth about what is causing the rapid climate change we are seeing in the data. Anthropogenic climate change is the best theory we have to fit that data; and the implications are very serious. It will make us all uncomfortable.

But, we can choose to change before we are forced to. Isn't that what our knowledge and intelligence is for?

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Last edited by NeilBlanchard; 12-31-2010 at 11:58 PM..