View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Rooster
He ain't gonna die!

Tree Catcher - '94 Acura Integra LS
90 day: 32.12 mpg (US)

The Old Dog - '92 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
Northern CA noob with Integra LS

Hey everyone!

I've been lurknig around this site for a week or so, getting ideas and learning some new things. I had no idea there was so much to be gained from simple mods and driving adjustments until I stumbled on this site thanks to Google.

I drive about 110 miles per day to and from work, 5 days a week. I start at 3200' of elevation and go down to about sea level-ish, then back up again. My car gets between 30-31 mpg as it is now, during the commute, bone stock. I don't want to get rid of the car for something else because I've known this car since it was new. My mom bought it brand spanking new in 1993 and gave it to me last year when she bought a new car.

Other than the damage from the tree that fell on it in late November, it's a really really clean car, garage kept all it's life and it's got a lot of life left in her. Since I work in a body shop and paint cars for a living, I can fix it myself...just as soon as the insurance pays up.

I haven't done anything yet, but I think I'll get started before my next fill-up, which should be Wednesday next week. I'll pump up the tires and take some dead weight out of it, like the rear seats, the spare tire (I have AAA, who needs a spare?), rear wiper and motor, rear spoiler...etc. The damage hasen't effected the FE at all, but I want it fixed for pure cosmetic reasons...I may paint my whole car while I'm at it, as it is a bit faded. Even though it lived in a garage, it is a single stage red that's about 18 years old.

Anyway, if anyone has some Integra specific advice, that would be very useful. I've already hovered around the forums so if I have any questions regarding weight and aero, or anything else, I'll post them in the proper forum.