View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #241 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
I think the LWP could do alot for the Subaru. There is alot of parasite loss with the AWD. The stock pulley is upper 5 pounds (almost 6). The after market pulley is 1 lb. 5lbs of lost rotational mass will help the car accelerate faster and use less to maintain speed. At speed there will be minimal gains. BUT getting to speed the gains could be huge because the AWD and slushbox and PA hills rob MPG's quickly. If I could get the engine to bounce from 10-12mpg at load to 12-14mpg at load its going to make a big impact because I can pull over 30MPG at speed. My MPG drops down to mid 20's ALL do to acceleration loss.

We'll have to see. The expendable fund it drained from the other purchase. But this will facilitate other projects.

The tape seems to be holding up. The 3M holding some of the edges down seems to be letting go. But in the storm on monday I won over a recycling bin as I drove down the road. I think that made the 3M let loose post impact. Fiberglass and paint were okay, but the asshole tailgating on a snow cover road still insisted on driving around me while I exited my vehicle to remove the recycle bin off the front of the Subaru. I could have just jammed the brakes, get rear ended and saved the recycle bin. But I kinda don't want to kill the Subaru at this point.