View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
sawickm
ReVolt Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBecker View Post
I'm wondering if there is interest in adding CAN reporting and configuration to the Cougar controller.

Why? CAN provides a standard interface for reporting and diagnosis. All new cars in the U.S. are required to use CAN for their OBD-2 diagnostic interface. You can use standard OBD-2 tools, like the ScanGauge, to report what is going on with the controller or have a digital instrument panel.

If someone is interested enough to lay out a circuit board, I have some ideas on a few no-extra-cost features it should have: a pass-through for the ISP signals, jumpered CAN termination, bringing a few of the controller pins out to a header (they can be used for general-purpose I/O or status LEDs), sleep control for the transceiver and jumpers for optionally using an isolating transceiver.
DJBecker,

Thanks for the post.

I'm sure that if you post the schematic or firmware, someone would use your Cougar CANbus interface PCB, I would be interested. I'll post it on the ReVolt wiki for you, or add a link to your project website just PM me.

Would your interface work with a Elithion - Lithiumate - Distributed Li-Ion BMS that uses a CANbus interface.

It would be a very nice add-on item to the ReVolt Cougar PCB family.

-Mark