Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
rmay635703 -

That's weird. I heard they already had 20,000 on preorder :

Nissan reaches 20,000 Leaf pre-orders; will stop taking reservations today *UPDATE — Autoblog Green - Sep 23rd 2010
Quote:
We're waiting for Nissan to confirm or deny this, but it looks like anyone still sitting on the fence about ordering a Leaf or not will soon notice that they've been sitting on barbed wire and had better jump down to one side or the other, pronto. According to a post on My Nissan Leaf, Nissan is going to shut down Leaf reservations today. But it's for a good reason. Here's the text, supposedly taken from a Nissan email that's going to go out later today:
Nissan aggressively anticipated reaching its goal of 20,000 consumer reservations by December 2010 and we are excited to announce that we have reached this goal 3 months ahead of schedule! Therefore, on 9/23/10, Nissan will shut down the reservation system in order to focus on providing the best level of customer service and premium ownership experience to those who have already reserved.
Now, a reservation doesn't mean you will buy one. I wonder what the stats are on forking out $100 to reserve as opposed to paying the $20K (after incentives) or leasing the car. I would guess 50% will actually buy, so that would make 10K sales for the year.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society