View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
homeworkhome53
EcoModding Apprentice

Workride - '07 Chevrolet Aveo5 SVE
90 day: 51.74 mpg (US)
I've read many internet post about poor milage with the Aveo, but am happy with mine. Bought new in Feb (Very cold, heavy snow) the first tank was 32.8mpg and the last thank was 43.1 each has gotten better by observing what i've learn here. I have a 53 mile round trip daily commute. I've slowed down and add about 7 minutes (each way) to my travel time. The weather has improved and that seems to be having an effect but there was still snow on the roads when the first tank went over 40mpg. I think the biggest detriment to fe is speed. The SG often hold a stable mid 50's when obeying the posted speed through two small communities I have to go through. Which has encouraged me to set back and enjoy the ride on some lonely back roads, that and the $3.70 a gallon on the sign at the local rural gas station. It is a pleasant little bare bones car with a good radio. I'm getting to enjoy classical music. It goes with the more sedate mood. If someone wants to pass I slide to the right. It their gas and their life. Not my problem.

homeworkhome53