View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #490 (permalink)
basjoos
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
That 95 mpg at 65mph is the mileage measured on the SuperMID in on a hot summer day constant speed on a flat road. The 47mpg is the average calculated mileage I would get when gassing up, in the winter it would be 44 mpg, in the summer it was 51 mpg just driving it normally with minimal hypermiling used. I didn't get a SuperMID until I was well into the aeromodding process so I have no way of knowing what the steady state at 65 mph mileage of my stock vehicle was. A more direct comparison would be the 47 mpg average I got before aero modding when I was just hypermiling to the 68 mpg average I got on the old engine with aeromods and hypermiling to the 73 mpg average I get on the lean burn engine with aeromods and hypermiling. Other factors that affected my mileage through this time period were the changes in tires over the years as I reduced the RR of my tires. Also the amount of hypermiling I did and the speeds I travelled varied. Before I started aeromodding, I increased the amount of hypermiling techniques used and tried to keep the speed below 50mph. As I added aeromods, I gradually increased my speeds to normal interstate speeds and slightly reduced the intensity of hypermiling techniques used.