View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #491 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mike. It's late and I'm spaced out and tired and not understanding you very well.
So are you saying that you get 95 MPG without hypermiling or with?

If you were to take a trip in which it was all highway speeds of 65 MPH for several hundred miles, and you used cruise control and never used E.O.C. or other tricks, would you actually get a 95 or so MPG average at the end of the trip ?

I have the same car as you, but mine is a '93 automatic DX hatch. It has the same engine that you were getting the 95 MPG with.

If I replicate your aero mods on my car, what kind of mileage can i expect if I currently get 42 - 45 MPG highway and i take a trip like i described above ?

I too have a SuperMID and the data readings fluctuate constantly every couple of seconds. How are you getting a constant reading ?
I gave up using it because the data changes so often, and by such large amounts that it is almost useless to me.
I ended up just using it to estimate the averages of a trip versus the instant MPG.
I wonder if the Scan-Guage and MPGuino display the same behavior.

Lastly, I'd also like to ask about the Lexan back window that you have. Are you finding that it is more scratch resistant that Plexiglass, because Plexi seems to scratch extremely easily. ( and is horribly brittle )

Thanks !