View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #496 (permalink)
basjoos
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
I got the 95mpg on a 2 mile stretch of flat road. I would set the hand throttle for 90, 95, or 100 mpg and see how well it maintained speed going both directions on that road. I used the 2nd km/l line on the SuperMID (the line that averages over the past 5 km) to get the mpg reading over the 2 miles. Using the hand throttle allows me to get a mostly constant reading on the SuperMID's instantaneous readout.

I haven't had any problem so far with scratches on the Lexan. When I was rear ended, the Lexan cracked and a small section broke off, but it didn't shatter.

The only leakage problem I had with the rear hatch was a slight leak at the top front where the Lexan attached to the hinged remnant of the stock hatch, but a little caulk fixed that.

If I had the ideal situation of a flat, dry, smooth road, with temps in the 80-90 F range, with no wind or traffic, and I accelerated up to 65 mph, maintained a constant speed/throttle setting using the hand throttle, then engine off coasted back to 0 mph at the end of the trip, I could get 95 mpg.
The Following User Says Thank You to basjoos For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-06-2011)