View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
jpgmtech
EcoModding Lurker

duramax - '05 Chevrolet Silverado LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Sounds like you've got a good depth of knowledge. Glad you decided to sign up. Out of curiousity, what led you here?
It's a long story... I've always had a thing for fuel economy and tweaking, been a closet hobby of mine. I live right in the smack of the hummer/diesel truck/suv land in the oilfields of alberta, so my business generally involves the worst consuming vehicles out there. I got into ECM tuning and that opened up a new avenue of tweaking.

What led me here: I let a computer geek buddy of mine know about my exploits with the chevy sprint. He decided to do some research and found several websites like this one and let me know about it. I didn't come back to it until I was doing research for an article I am writing for a magazine about fuel economy (for diesel powered trucks of all things... see previous post...) That tweaked my memory and I started googling. Honestly, seeing the Geo Metro's and that radical aero Honda Civic complete with wires and equipment all over the dash got me hooked on this site! It's actually exciting to see that there are others out there who have minds that work like mine!

I'll tell you about my future project (if it works out) when I have more time...

At some point I'll do a writeup on the new GM Hybrids too... I've just finished some training on them.