View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #106 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I couldn't get the Goodyear racing Eagles I'd hoped for.They are no longer in production in the size I needed for the 2-wheel axle.
The 130-Club rule book requires at least an H-rated tire to run.And I can run as fast as 138 mph with an H-Rated tire,

There are plenty of truck tires in an H-rating suitable for light trailer use. I appreciate the info about going to single assembly for speed trial, but am lost, now, on the speed rating thing. Does one have to have a specific "racing" tire? (Just a yes or no would be great).

Look forwards, as always, to more!

I've got 15" Hankook (sp?) H-Rated tires on the T-100,so the truck is covered.
I'd hoped to purchase the small front-runner Goodyear Eagle racing tires as formerly used in NHRA,in a 8" wheel size ( the only thing which will fit the trailer body/wheel-well/'roofline' ) but Goodyear no longer manufactures tires that small with any kind of speed rating.Nobody else seems to make them either.Not even aircraft tires,good to 130-mph.And the Rulebook stipulates at least an H-rated tire ( any way you can do it ) to qualify to run in the 130-mph Club event.
The 17" setup will 'fit',it has the required speed rating,and more than adequate load rating.And the added benefit of slower turning bearings.
It's important that I 'freeze' the design or I'll end up like Bucky Fuller and someone will have to shoot me so something can get 'done' by early September.