View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
morpheous71
EcoModding Lurker

Libby - '02 Jeep Liberty sport
The throttle body mod. is something I've been researching on the jeep forums, it's nothing fancy but can be done yourself at this link

or alot of guys send them off to the Fastman for professional jobs

There is mixed reviews on fuel savings, I think it's accumlative with other mods but the response and horsepower gain are suppose to work well. I'm going to try a homejob on my exsisting throttlebody and see for myself.
I'nm running a gas engine 3.7Litre and just relized today that my fuel economy is not what I thought, I was under the impression my tripmeter was still in Miles not KM's, so I'll have to recalculate. But todays reading with a trailer involved was 10.27mpg or 22.9L/100km ouch!! Here's a pic of my trailer setup, I do about 40000K per year with it so I need to start seeing some improvements. I think I need to shorting the distance between the trailer and vehicle to start and get some mods down to these wheels and fenders on both the LIB and the trailer. I'll be sending through spec's and measurements asap. Great info. on this site, I've been reading and dreaming since last night about everything I want to try. Ordering my scangauge tonight.
Gotta figure out how to post pic's?????
Sorry guys, it system will not let me post link till I have 5 posts?????