Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #432 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
The fact that carbon dioxide is a major greenhouse gas is chemical and physics fact -- it insulates because it lets visible light go through, but blocks some of the infrared waves, which are longer wavelength.
Never said otherwise, Neil. Why bring it up?

Quote:
As you can see -- they absolutely DO count water vapor, and methane and nitrous oxide and others. Water vapor is dependent on carbon dioxide, as it turns out. I've posted this link at least twice:

Carbon dioxide controls Earth's temperature
And they based all this on a computer model. Not real life, but a computer model. Computer models can't even correctly model past behavior, Neil. Past behavior, as in it already happened.

I suppose you're going to try to tell me that water vapor requires the presence of carbon dioxide to evaporate into the air, or that water vapor requires carbon dioxide to transport it up into the stratosphere.

Post it a million times, Neil, for all I care. You're still basing your suppositions off a computer model that can't predict the past.

Quote:
OF COURSE they are counting the variability of the sun!
We went through this already, Neil. The much beloved computer models do not include solar variability, and you know that. They include a forcing function that only uses visible light. Your source Richard Alley made a historical estimate of solar activity based on what he admitted was an imperfect method. The two are not the same.

Quote:
Do you think they are utter nincompoops?!
Well... When they use data that has basically been tainted by ClimateGate... You tell me.

Quote:
Sheesh -- they are counting the tilt of the Earth at any given time
Can't get around that one...

Quote:
the sunspots
Nope. Visible light output, remember?

Quote:
the position of the continents (they drift around remember?)
Now you're telling me that a mass movement of a centimeter per year is a measurable input to AGW models?

Quote:
ice crystals, aerosols, chemical reactions, and many many things that we laypersons don't know about.
And they can't get the models to agree with each other with any certainty. They can't get the models to correctly predict THE PAST, Neil. What do you say about that?

Last edited by t vago; 01-07-2011 at 10:47 PM..