View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
1992 Saturn S-Series on e-bay in Ohio

Hello -

Window(s) shopping on e-bay when I saw this :

Saturn : S-Series - eBay (item 270688201187 end time Jan-11-11 19:31:02 PST)
Quote:
I'll be up front and honest. This is not a daily driver car, you can and it wouldn't take much to make it a street car again, but not what I built it for. I was in process of building this car into an SCCA ITA car, but I did a few autox events with it, and ran out of time. I now serve in the Army and don't see the time for it right now, so its off to a different owner, someone who can treat it how it needs to be treated. Its a solid car, and a real performer. 3 years ago I strapped it to a dyno and it produced 114bhp and 119ft/lb torque, unfortunately I can't find the sheets for it, but it did it. After the diet the car was put on, it only weights in at 2094 lbs now. Being a track car there are a few things that are rough, but for the most part its great. A few bumps and scratches, and a few small spots in the floor pan behind the drivers seat, and the turn signal switch in the steering column doesn't work. Motor, tranny, everything runs amazing and strong. I love this car.

Modifications:
Stainless steel brake lines
3-way adjustable rear sway bar
Front and Rear strut tower braces
Lowering springs front and rear
KYB Struts on all 4 corners
Sawtooth wheels with slicks (1 complete set)
Cold Air Intake
Exhaust Header
Complete Roll Cage, custom
Corbeau Racing Seat
5 Point restraint system
12v Gel Cell battery (125cca)
Mobil 1 5w-30
What was most interesting to me was the curb weight of 2094 lbs. You wouldn't need the roll cage for a daily driver, so you could shave X more lbs.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society