Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #451 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
"While the IMP can contribute significantly to trends for periods of 30 years or less, it cannot account for the 0.8°C warming trend that has been observed in the twentieth century spatially averaged SST."

I'm not sure your conclusion was peer reviewed A

The average temperature is still apparently going up these days. The sea level is also still going up. climate change IS happening regardless if it is partly man made or not. Do we agree on at least this much? IS there anything we can agree on if not?

regarding "man's" contributions.
But how do you completely write off CO2 contributions? There is ~35% more co2 int the atmosphere than at the start of the industrial age, no? currently co2 is listed as composing 9 – 26 % of the greenhouse effect. whereas before it would have been maybe 6.6-19%. I mean I don't hear any "unbiased" discussion trying to quantify the effects, just folks talking past each other and throwing derisive hail mary's. And unfortunately there are plenty of other good reasons not to be wasteful without AWG, but I think that point gets missed by a large percentage.

I personally do not know, it likely in part us coming out of "the little ice age", but we have "some" data to work with. But thermo/bio/fluid dynamics is never an all or nothing proposition, so why all the extreme positions?

Last edited by dcb; 01-08-2011 at 10:24 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to dcb For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (01-08-2011)