View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #4188 (permalink)
twotires
EcoModding Noob

Hi all, I'm Michael. This is my first post in the Ecomodder forum. I took delivery of a cougar controller board back around Dec. 18 or so and I'm now one part away from finishing up the soldering. The last part has me scratching my head a little. In the schematic and bill of material, part number D1 appears to be the reverse polarity protection diode (I think .... ?) - it's specified as a STTH2R02QRL - ultrafast rectifier diode, 200V, 2A. I ordered an equal since that particular part wasn't available at Digikey or Mouser, and alas, the equal (rated for 3A instead of 2A) is a larger part and won't fit the board.

I have in my toolbox an FR104 fast rectifier diode and an FR107 fast rectifier diode. I'm looking for some advice from an electronics guru out there who might help me decide if one of these, or either of these would work as a substitute for D1. Either of these will fit the board.

Here is the datasheet for them:

aych-tee-tee-pee-slash-slash-dubya-dubya-dubya.taiwansemi.com/db/pictures/modules/PDT/PDT060207001/FR101.pdf

(sorry to make you [copy] and [paste], but my post count of zero disqualifies me from posting links!)

Thank you in advance for your time reading this and your advice.
I'm super excited to have found this project since I was fretting greatly about a solution for a controller for my project car. I'm restoring a 1965 Volkswagen Beetle and converting it to plug-in electric at the same time. Check out my blog at: aych-tee-tee-pee-slash-slash 65veedub.blogspot.com (no dubya-dubya-dubya on this one)

(still trying to get this post to work - automatically detecting my links and disallowing it - trying phoenetic spelling of the beginning of the links ..... [crosses fingers] )

Thanks,
Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to twotires For This Useful Post:
deodeo (04-16-2012)