View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
morpheous71
EcoModding Lurker

Libby - '02 Jeep Liberty sport
jeep liberty/trailer project

Hopefully this works and I can post some pic's with this thread.
I'm new to the forum. Driving a 2002 jeep liberty with a 3.7L gas engine, recently had new 2003 engine put into it which had 160000KM on it, my last engine had 211098 before the oil pump went and I screwed the engine up. I own the vehicle outright and don't want to sell it because I love the ride but it's killing me on fuel costs, last year I put about approx. 40000k on it and pumped $7439 in fuel into her. I'm currently getting;

10.75mpg or 26.27L per 100KM with the trailer
and
12.98mpg or 21.74L per 100KM without the trailer

I have just recently come into this website and have learned alot already through reading, so I am hoping I can use some of these techniques to improve my performance on this rig. I think I will be making up some wheel covers, pulling the mudguards, covering the running lights, foglights and the grille to start. I like the idea of the airdam but wonder if the bellypan idea is the better way to go, or do I do both. I am also wondering about the trailer and what I can do to improve how the two vehicles run together. What can I do to the back of the jeep, should I get the trailer closer to the jeep and should I start modding out the trailer and how??? Lots of questions, obviously many of the answers will be out there on the forum already so I'll keep reading. In the meantime any assistance is most welcome. Here's a pic of the set-up I'm running.
Dam it, how do you post pic's on this system? Looks like I need to post them first on some website, what a pain.