View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
jpgmtech
EcoModding Lurker

duramax - '05 Chevrolet Silverado LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentPointofView View Post
Also remember your running a diesel Oh, and the reason I'm averaging 21 is because of a muddy fun trip I put into my fuel log I'd be averaging 22's if it weren't for it. Lately it's been 23-24.
Hey that's actually quite good considering! I just had to get that Jeep dig in there, lol!

The number I quoted was best-case on a highway trip. My mileage display was actually showing better than that, calculating verified the 9.8. Commuting with a big diesel eats major fuel. I'm still working with the De-fuel modes to try and get it better. When the weather warms up it should help a bit to. I'm going to start using the log here after my next fuel-up. But most of my winter commuting tanks (I will be riding a bicycle when the snow and ice go away around here) are around the 15 to 20 litres/100kms mark. The whole truck was totally geared for loads and towing performance, with almost no thought given to fuel economy. On the plus side, the Duramax engine is (from what I am told by engineers) the most efficient engine (per specific output) that GM has produced.