View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jim-Bob
Junkyard Engineer

Super-Metro! - '92 Geo Metro Base

$250 Pizza Delivery Car - '91 Geo Metro Base
Team Metro
90 day: 43.75 mpg (US)

Fronty the wonder truck - '98 Nissan Frontier XE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
$250/mo OMG

I pay half of that per SIX MONTHS.

Perhaps it's time for you to shop for a new insurance company...
Trust me, I tried that. I went to my agent as soon as I found the bill in the mail today but to no avail. I could write a book about it but basically I need a special kind of insurance to deliver pizza with. For my 1998 Frontier the cost is right around $1,000 a year. For the Metro it is $2500 a year. The only company that will insure me is Progressive and that is despite being 37, a homeowner with decent credit and having no tickets or claims for the last 6 years. Did I mention that I do not have comp or collision either? Florida is a terrible place to buy insurance of any kind because of the hurricane threat. Sadly, they spread the cost around even to their clients which have policies that are not exposed to weather-related claims.
No green technology will ever make a substantive environmental impact until it is economically viable for most people to use it. This must be from a reduction in net cost of the new technology, not an increase in the cost of the old technology through taxation

(Note: the car sees 100% city driving and is EPA rated at 37 mpg city)