View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

I think the Tesla comparison is a little bit unrealistic, different markets and spectacularly different price ranges. If they make this a regular thing and use more up to date cars (e.g. Leaf next year, maybe a Focus next) then it will be interesting. If they find an uncontraversial way of getting the true cost vs Diesel or Petrol and throw in a couple of ICEs for comparison then that would make it even better.

However is this totally realistic, are they getting some extra help not available to mere non-media mortals ? Compare and contrast if you will dear readers this passage from the BBC blog :

Quote:
Suddenly we see the lights of the Waitrose supermarket, and stress levels reduce.

Like the welcoming beams of a lighthouse, the blue luminescence of the charging point shines out across the car park.

But until today, this charge post will only work for a maximum duration of two hours.

The idea of that is to stop people blocking access for everyone else.

And I need to charge here for 10 hours.

Then Vicky, the manageress here, tells me that the company have just altered the software especially for me, so I will be able to charge overnight.

I feel like dancing around the car park.
from here (day three), and this item from another website

Quote:
I joined site over a £60 fine for using a Waitrose car park. I had done a large shop and then returned about an hour later. I was fined for returning within the two hours and they decided I had been there 2 hours 35 minutes
from here.

By the way if anyone from the UK gets one of these tickets the correct, legal, detailed response is to ignore them. And if they write to you any threatening letters afterwards, ignore them some more only more intently, maybe give the envelope a 'Paddington hard stare' :

before filing with the others. You can sit reassured that even with the added Paddington element, it has taken them considerably more time to create and send the letters than it has for you to ignore them.