View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
bluejoey
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesj View Post
I`m finding that when and where I`ll be able to bump start plays a part in when I EOC (or when I light the engine again).

I have an odd electrical issue with key starts, too- about one in three times that I key start, I lose my radio station. It happens whether I`m starting from being parked or just from waiting on a red light, and it`s a bummer because my radio doesen`t hold presets, and the frequency display no longer reads, so I sometimes I can`t find my station again before the next time I lose the radio! Maybe I should check the junk yards for one of the old style with a dial that doesn`t care if it loses power. What`s a UG? Is there a non-digital, non solid state version?
UG = Ultragauge. It's like a Scangauge in terms of helping me monitor my economy. If I key off and then key on within 10 or 20 seconds, it will turn off but will not always turn back on, which means it isn't measuring my fuel consumption. So for that reason and others, I'm just going to P & G with the engine on and try to refine my driving skills without EOC.