View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
davidbr13
Extinct Vehicle Driver

Little Red Wagon - '96 Saturn SW1 VIN 8 - SOHC
90 day: 31.07 mpg (US)

Blue Basketcase - '02 Saturn SC1 VIN 8 - SOHC
90 day: 30.6 mpg (US)
I, too, converted a fiero - Dave Brandt's 1986 Pontiac Fiero. It cruised on the flat at about 1 amp for each MPH (e.g. 50A at 50 MPH) with a 228V system.

Parts are readily available. Many specialty stores and aftermarket stores (like Fierostore.com: The Fiero Store) offer stuff for the fiero. Everything from replacements for the little plastic rivets to body kits.

I agree they are built solid, too. Fit and finish isn't always too great, though.

And the handling - you can take a 90 degree corner at 40-50 MPH without much extra effort or any extra suspension parts.

The bad - hard to find anyone to work on them (for alignments, paint and body work, etc.).

I am currently parting mine out - the batteries and controller are gone. However, everything else is still there, installed, and is a great starter if you are building an EV. Yes, it's for sale. Savannah, GA area. Contact me if interested. ev_dave13 at yahoo dot com.