View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jesse
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Nice work

Next step : a lower fairing to match the top
You know you want to
Gaaaaaah! Nah,(indoctrinates self) I think I might seal it up and call it done on the rear lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaus2 View Post
Super slick results! How did you get the compound curves on the side pieces of lexan?
I have thought about taking a heat gun to it so it will maintain the shape, but then I worry I might mess it up, don't fix it if it aint broke. I went with a 48x96x .093 thickness sheet of Lexan from a dist in Brooklyn Park MN(75 bucks). Thats why I was able to curve it, and with the sheet metal screws holding it in place, it retains the shape. It was a pain in the ass cutting it with just a dremel tool and by myself, though. On the one side I ended up cutting my car, didn't bother me though seeing as I paid 1300 bucks for it in 07. Had this been a car in excellent aesthetic condition I would have been more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
Jesse, I'm going to have to have you help me remake my lexan Kammback for my VX this summer! That looks great!
I am assuming you are the "guy" Shags was telling me about who had a cracked kammback? I could help out, I know how much a pain in the ass doing this stuff is, I've done 100% of it all by myself. Although it shows in a lot of areas lol. IMO there is no point spending too much time on this rusty turd.