View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #164 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cd View Post
Hey Darin. I must have bad Karma or something as far as trying to copy your work.

My main snag has been getting the spoiler to slope downward. I'm using thin ABS plastic just as you have.
Whenever I attach the sides of the spoiler, the ABS has a natural tendency to bulge upwards in the center, and I loose all of the sloping angle.

I just can't figure out how you got the plastic to slope without having the sides bulge or vise versa.

I've completely ran out of time on my vacation and it looks as if I may have to even cancel doing any kind of tuft testing.

Family comes first and all

I'll post pictures of my ........ failed..attempts.

Your work has me envious. ( I was trying to imitate it, and as the saying goes, imitation is the sicerest form of flattery.

Looking very forward to the new results !
.Cd,for the interface between the cabin back and boat shell on the T-100 I ran into same challenge.Since I was trying to deform my plastic sheeting in two dimensions simultaneously,it was continuously buckling! All I could think to do was,try and ascertain where the buckling was beginning,then drill and then slit the plastic all the way back to relieve the stress.This meant a lot of overlapping and unsightly seams which I "shingled" over each other for rain control.Compound curves are the toughest to form.Fiberglass would have made a good job,but didn't have the time.I understand your frustration,especially when the clock is ticking.Try and laugh it off if you can.I appreciate all the members attempts at mods,even when they backfire,and boy have I had my share of those.